Every Monday morning at my job, we have a staff meeting to start the week. Yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in and saw a projector and screen set up up, and even more excited when I learned we were going to actually watch the entire movie Facing the Giants. My boss always tries to give us a weekly motivation, and this one turned out to be a great one - and not just because I got to watch a movie at work either.
There were a lot of great lessons in the film, but the one that stuck out to me most was not letting fear cripple you. God is in control, and if He leads you to do something, no matter how challenging and impossible it may seem, He will see you through it. If you've already made up in your mind that you will fail, then you will fail.
I was thinking of these lessons in relation to my own life. When I headed to Hong Kong, I had all kinds of people telling me I was crazy or making a mistake. Some of these were non-Christians, but I had several Christians saying the same things to me. It was hard to take, and I had a lot of doubts at the time. But even when I was feeling those doubts, I knew they were of me and not of God. So I headed to HK, and never regretted a single moment of that experience. Even in my current work situation, I often get overwhelmed but I cling to the fact that I know God led me there, so I just need to trust that even in times of struggle, He is there. One of my co-workers is leaving this week for another job, and I'm taking on several big tasks from her. I'm not entirely sure how to do everything she did, and I know when she leaves some things will fall through the cracks, because I just don't know all the little ins and outs like she does. But I can't let the fear of failure or messing things up or anything else cripple me. I have to accept I will make mistakes, and make the best of it.
I have the verse from Colossians 3:23-24 posted by my desk, which gives me the reminder I need during the work day of my purpose: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."
God's glory is my purpose and if I make that my priority, He will work out all things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment