In case anyone is wondering if I'm still running, the answer is YES.
The past few months have been a bit of a slump, and the holidays didn't help. But I am happy to say I am getting back on track, and trying to get back up to running three times a week like I used to. I also have decided I'm going to sign up with SA Fit for training for this year's half-marathon in November! Any encouragements and cheers you want to lend me are very much welcome and appreciated.
I continue to see running as similar to my spiritual walk with Christ. I have to be disciplined, I can't always give in to my what I selfishly want or don't want, and I have to remain consistent and constant in my relationship with God to make it as fruitful as possible.
I went to the Dave Ramsey event on Saturday, and at the age of 50, Dave also runs half marathons. He compared the training to finances. You have to be disciplined, and you have to have it in your head that you can accomplish your goals. Very true.
It's more a mental challenge than anything else, and come November, I WILL run 13.1 miles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment