I've been trying to find things to blog about this past month. Lots has happened, but so much involves other people and I don't want to share their stuff online. Just mine. :)
This week, though, I was reminded of something. I was talking with a friend, who was telling me how she feels called to work with the Latino population. She used to always think that meant moving to South America and serving in missions there, but now she realizes that in fact God wants her to be right here in San Antonio, serving Latinos. I know without doubt God has given me a heart for Asians. It's a weird thing to explain. It's not just that I love their food and decorations (even though I do!) but it's a supernatural draw I have to them. I'm still not sure how God wants me to serve them from San Antonio, but I know He doesn't have plans for me to move back to China any time soon, which is a little sad, but hopefully I can visit some time soon!
I'm excited to have this new clarity - that I don't have to live in China to serve the Chinese, but that I can still serve from here. I still don't know what it is God wants me to do exactly in San Antonio with this call, but I know it will be incredible when it becomes clear. For now, I'm focusing on graduate school and my job, which I love. I had so many doubts when moving back to the US last year, but now I am working at a job that I love, with like-minded people, gaining incredible experience, networking with so many good people, and heading back to school to make myself better at what I do, and serve those around me and in my city.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"Heading back to school." Does that mean you got in? Congratulations!
Post a Comment