a 10K (6.2 miles) in the Olmos Park area, which is very hilly and challenging? I can hardly believe it. Just 3 months ago when I began this training, I could hardly do the 2 mile pace run. Now I am running over 6 miles. I used to think "How will I ever be able to run 13.1 miles in November?" I was trying to be optimistic, but was sure I wouldn't be able to run the whole thing. Now, I feel even more hopeful that I can do it. I love my training group - the encouragement, the helpful tips on nutrition and form and running gear, and I love feeling like a part of something.I'm even excited that on my upcoming trip to New York, I will get to run 10 miles through beautiful Central Park. What a great way to see a landmark and still get my exercise done, and join in a common New York tradition of running in the Park! I am so excited!
God is in the process of turning my world upside down once again, but the running is my one constant and keeps me consistent and strong in one area of my life, making things feel less crazy and chaotic as they otherwise might. And the great feeling I have not only of getting in shape but accomplishing a seemingly impossible goal makes it all the more satisfying and important for my sanity.
If you are free on November 14, come cheer me on as I run the half!

1 comment:
waiting for the blog post about your 1/2 marathon
Post a Comment