Monday, July 21, 2008

BBQ on the Beach!

Every once in a while, you have to take a break and enjoy the fact that you live across from a beach.

It's not actually a very nice beach ... the water has quite a bit of trash in it (coming down from China), but it's nevertheless nice to be by the water and enjoy the sand.

A group of us from Crossroads decided to take advantage of the weather yesterday and have a barbecue on the beach. It's an inexpensive but fun way to relax from the rigors of work we face all week together. It took a while for the guys to get the fire going, which was amusing until I thought I might choke from smoke inhalation. (Seriously, they started burning paper plates because the coal wouldn't heat fast enough, and there was so much smoke!)

We had lots of sausages and chicken, and it was so nice to just sit around and chat together for a while. We laughed, and teased each other like family.

I sometimes can't believe I live here, and how different my life is. But it's all so very good, and the challenges definitely have big rewards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BBQ on the beach sounds like so much fun! I can only imagine the variety of things you are experiencing over there. We miss you!

Anonymous said...

How's the laptop coming?