Wow, so much has been happening lately, and I’m sorry to be so long in reporting in.
I have just been so overwhelmed by the generosity of others. For several months now, I have felt the need for a better laptop. It helps in so many capacities, and is such a useful tool in many, many aspects. But I was hesitant to ask supporters to even lift up this need, let alone contribute financially toward it. I was afraid of sounding materialistic, greedy, or petty when the real heart of why I am here is much bigger than laptops and other things.
Yet I realized two weeks ago that He is so much bigger than that, and why shouldn’t I allow Him to bless me through others? I have learned that it is ok to ask others for help and for assistance, and not to worry about whether or not they will see the need as valid or worthy. All of you who love and support me know me better than that, and know that I am not going to ask for something I don’t think I should be asking for.
After appealing to my supporters, I got several people respond saying they wanted to help. One said, “I didn’t realize until I read your e-mail that I have been waiting for your e-mail!” Another said he would match whatever I didn’t raise to ensure I got the laptop.
And then one supporter, a relative I haven’t even met but is my brother in the Kingdom, e-mailed to say he has a computer guy, and if I tell him exactly what I need and what I want, he will have it custom made for me and ship it, and he will pay the cost.
I just couldn’t believe it. Wow. Sometimes the Father shows Himself in such tangible ways, and it is really overwhelming.
It’s ok to ask for help when you know it is Him leading you to do so. He always delivers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment