Each morning, the team here joins together for singing and chatting together in fellowship. I am always so, so blessed by the music, and such heartfelt praise.
It’s usually one person playing piano, or a guitar, and then someone singing. The words are projected on the wall of the small room, and the lights are dimmed. The person leading isn’t standing front and center, or even singing into the microphone the whole time. He or she will stand to the side, the lyrics will be in the center, and they will sing into the microphone just to let the rest of us know when to come in. We are being led, not performed for, and I really enjoy it more than any other time of music in such a setting. I love the music in many places, singing to Him with abandon, but in many places I feel I am watching more than participating. In our morning meetings, the voices of us singing easily drown out the leader, and often the instrument, and all you can hear are people singing as one voice. It’s absolutely amazing, and I love it. It is in those times I feel so connected with the other believers, and feel as if one body and one spirit. We sing hymns, contemporary songs, and songs that others on team have written.
It is simple, and beautiful, and I feel His presence so strongly in those times. They are the best way to start the day, and the time uplifts me as I hum the tunes later in my work day, remembering His presence and how easy it is to rest in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment