After a very, very brief holiday, the heat and humidity of Hong Kong has returned from its vacation, ready to suffocate once again. I woke up this morning, hot under my blankets, and knew before setting my foot on the ground what the day would be like.
The skies are gray, the air is thick and unyielding, and there are storms forecasted over the weekend. As you may recall from earlier blog posts, the summers here are characterized by typhoon season, and it rains unrelentlessly for days at a time. We haven't seen rain in a while, but it seems it will be making a comeback as well. It is, however, supposed to be cooler next week, ie 68 degrees F.
I was hoping this brief sojourn into cooler, drier weather would last a tad bit longer, but it seems living in a tropical climate, we aren't prone to many cold, dry days. So ponytails, sweatiness, and general exhaustion from heat ... here I come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment