Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Inspired Sundays
While I was sitting in service on Sunday evening, I was looking at the faces around me, mostly Asians, and was thinking on the difference between attending a service in China versus attending one in most Western countries. In Asia, it isn't the norm to go to a Sunday service. It isn't a box you check, or something you do to show you are a 'good' person. Most people aren't believers (or are believers in other things), but those who are truly seek Him and want to learn about Him on Sundays. This isn't to say every single person there is committed to the cause, but it certainly is a stronger feeling of commitment than I've felt in other services at other places. I was inspired by their faith, and reflecting on the original people who brought the Message to this place. Their fruit has multiplied so many times over, from those first seeds planted. It really is a different atmosphere, to sing and learn with them. It's an awesome time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment