Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Big Month

For you faithful few followers, I've been MIA ... for no particular reason, just a big month.

May was my birthday, car problems and subsequent new car (blessing!!), I started my half-marathon training, and many other highlights.

I feel like I've learned a lot just in this month, but don't know quite how to put it down. My birthday left me feeling very loved by others. Being without a car for a week made me rely on other people, and spend lots of quality time with friends driving me around, and reminded me that it's ok to not have control sometimes and to depend on others. The WOW (women's) event at church reminded me how God's plan can be radically different from my own, and may even hurt, but in the end He is still God and still in control, and never does anything to intentionally harm us but rather works all things to His glory. The new car I unexpectedly got that came with some necessary help in purchasing reminded me that God knows my needs, and provides for them in His timing and perfect (and unforeseen!) way. And finally,the half-marathon training started, which will be tough and challenging, I know, but I am really looking forward to these next six months. I look forward to getting to know my running mates, pushing myself to do more each day, learning that no matter my physical strength that ultimately God is in control of the outcome, and joining 20,000 other runners in November for the big race.

I am excited about the days ahead, and the changes that are already happening. It is a refining fire.

No comments: