I have had a few moments of disorientation, where I wake up in the morning and have to remember that I am in the US and not Hong Kong anymore. I’ve loved being able to share my heart and experiences with some people, and letting them know a little more about my ‘mysterious and adventurous’ life overseas this past year.
More than anything, I have been seeing God still at work in my life. I know He is always at work, but I feel so much closer to Him than I did a year ago. I can see myself having more confidence in difficult situations or when faced with a challenge. I don’t let myself be overcome by the anxiety or fears I could easily succumb to as I job search and re-adjust to being in the States. I just feel so much fuller, more empowered, more focused and by far, much more faithful and trusting. I believe God when He tells me He will take care of me. I don’t need to have my own agenda and ways of providing for myself because He has proven to me time and time again that He will take care of me. Does this mean I don’t try at all, that I sit and wait for things to happen? Of course not. But it does mean that I let Him in on my plans and thoughts. I consult Him. I talk it out with Him. And I believe Him when He tells me to move forward with something, even if I can’t see the outcome.
It’s a good feeling, letting Him be in control.
Here's a photo of Kerrie in me mid-hike at Lost Maples on Monday. It was taken with my phone so it was hard to get it right. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment