Well, God certainly does provide. My first day back in San Antonio I was approached by a friend to work, doing my dream job no less, in the ministry he currently works in. And yesterday, I officially was welcomed to that team at BLE (Biblical Leadership for Excellence). I am so excited about the depth of opportunities with this new position. I will be researching and applying for available grants, promoting BLE to potential supporters, creating and distributing BLE’s monthly newsletter, and improving the current marketing materials.
BLE is dedicated to helping Christian business professionals apply Scriptural principles in their occupations and personal lives. I will work alongside people who are teaching and taking the Bible into secular workplaces and equipping Christians there to minister where they are. It's really an incredible organisation, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.
Essentially, I have gone from overseas missions to local missions. This also means I am still support raising. It may sound crazy, but I like support raising! In the 13 months I was in HK, God consistently met my financial needs each month, including the purchase of a new laptop and two overseas flights, as well as a much needed holiday in Beijing. So, while my human side periodically freezes up and says, "Why are you choosing to keep support raising? Are you crazy?" - my spiritual, and (thankfully) stronger side wins out by reminding me of all the huge and timely and perfect provisions God made while I was in HK. So, how can I doubt Him when He has done more than enough to prove His loyalty to providing as He leads?
I ask that those of you still reading will pray for me during this season. Pray that the funds will come in and that people will be obedient to give. Also, if you are intereseted in giving to me, please let me know!!! Any amount is significant.
Thanks for reading and keeping up with me. I will keep posting about this new mission experience and all that God reveals to me about Himself during this season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment