I've been reflecting this week on some big praises I've been seeing my Father do in my life.
My first one is seeing my relationship with my brother really change. He's two years older than me, but we have never in my life had much of a relationship. As kids, we fought a lot and he tortured me a lot. And as adults, we really haven't spent much time together. We don't call each other just to say hi or email to check in. We are like night in day in that we are different on just about every level. Different interests, different outlook on life, and he isn't a believer. But in just this past month since I've come back from HK, I can see that, while we're definitely not BFFs by any standard, we are getting along and actually having a little bit of a relationship. I really am grateful for that.
Another praise I have is for my new job. It's exactly the type of thing I was looking for when I came back from HK, but wasn't expecting to find so quickly. And while I've had a lot of people, even fellow believers, give me the sense that they think support-raising for my job is a big mistake, I actually really love it. I even think it's fun. Seeing how He provides in the most unbelievable, unforseen and unconventional ways is pretty powerful and faith building stuff, and I wish everyone could see that. To be scared and doubt that He will provide as I know He is leading would be prideful and mean that I don't believe He will do what He says He will do. And let me tell you, God is BIG and can do anything. If I've learned nothing else from my 13 months living on support in HK, it's that HE PROVIDES!! And I am so excited to be a part of His provision. I also love having the realtionship with my supporters that I do, and I love just the whole task of fundraising. It may sound weird, but I'm happy to be support-raising!
So those are just a few of my praises from this week. I'm sure there are other little ones too, like spending Memorial Day with friends when my family was out of town or the really special few moments I had with my grandma in Reno last week for her 90th birthday. I'm really grateful to have a Father who shows love in so many ways, and reminds me of His presence and His goodness even when I let tiny seeds of doubt into my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment