Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Support Raising

Support raising ... I have a good relationship with it, and I like it, but sometimes I wish it would leave me alone.

Let me 'splain. I'm support raising for my position with my new job at BLE. I need to raise enough to pay all my bills, my gas, have a little extra for fun, and a little more extra to put into savings. Basically - an income. I see wasted money all around me - people go out to eat all the time, or buy things they really don't need, or buy the most expensive brand of some product - I see so many areas where money can be saved and used for more meaningful purposes. But sometimes, in asking for donations for my support, people aren't sure they can do it. It can be a little frustrating.

But in talking with Steve yesterday, I was reminded of just how big God is, and that this indeed was divinely appointed for me to come on to this organization. How can I question God's provision?

Don't misunderstand - I totally believe God will provide, it's just God's people can be a little frustrating sometimes.

So, I am feverishly working on raising support, getting people interested in the mission and vision of BLE, and hopefully encouraging some new people to partner with us. It can be a tiring process, but it's so, so exciting to see how He provides in such unexpected, miraculous, and always perfect ways.

No comments: