I had some deep, focused time of prayer this weekend to ask God to calm my fears, re-confirm my calling, and fill me with peace and release me from my anxiety. I was honest in how I felt, and what I needed. I came away from this time with a renewed sense of my mission - to spread Christ in my own city, to support pastors who are teaching lay men and women to be His ambassadors to their co-workers. I know that a good thing isn't necessarily always a God thing, but I feel re-confirmed that this good thing, is a God thing for me, and that I am doing what He wants me to do. I started to feel released from my fears, which were fears I was putting on myself and not from Him. These were fears about defaulting on loan payments, being overdrawn and have to pay penalty fees, having to tell my family that this "crazy idea" of raising my own support had backfired.
Since then, in just these few days, I have been wonderfully encouraged. I've had uplifting conversations where friends, without my asking, have brought up topics I wanted to talk about, and then proceeded to say the exact words I needed to hear to be uplifted. Even more than that, I've had several "impromptu" conversations with people about my support raising. People actually stopped me to say "How's your support raising going?" I know these have been God orchestrating these "random" meetings. Through these talks, I've had the chance to share personally about the ministry I now work with, how great I see the need for missions in this country especially after living outside it for a year and then coming back, and how important these people are to me as friends, and that more than anything I want them involved in the ministry alongside me. Each of these talks has ended with the other person - without my asking - saying they want to pray about giving to me. I've been so joyful that God is working on people's hearts, and I know through His power He will bring to me what I need, when I need it. The more I think about how big God is, and how relatively small my financial needs are, I can see even more clearly that He can easily provide what I need.
I can never get over the sacrifice and love it takes for others to write a check, personally, to support me. I know it may be a small gesture to some, but to me it is life-giving, and to those whose lives are affected by this ministry, it is life-changing.
God is who He says He is, and He will always do what He says He's going to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment