This has been such a busy week. I've been housesitting, working, support raising, and helping register kids for VBS at church. I've basically been living out of my car, and have the gas bill to prove it. But despite feeling exhausted and like my eyes may close any minute, without reopening, I have to admit it's been a fun week.When I left church last night, I was thinking about what a comfortable place it is for me. I can totally be myself there, and I know so many people that it just feels like family. Sure, there's down sides too, but every family has that and I guess for me, I just like having such a place that I can go, be myself, talk about my faith and people are supportive. I didn't have the most glamourous VBS task - selling T-shirts and data entry - but I actually really enjoyed it and got to chat with new people, people I hadn't seen in a while, and just hang out with church friends I never see outside of Sunday morning. All in all, it was a good time. And I know I'm not nearly as exhausted as the people who were actually with the kids (it pays to know the VBS coordinator - thanks, Kristi! - and also to sign up for a job waaaaay in advance before it was taken), but I still feel tired and am looking forward to a great weekend.
I just wanted to give a shout out to my church, and the people there who make it feel like home.

3 comments:
Sweet! I have been without a car this week, so wasnt able to fulfill my VBS duties. Sounds like a blast, though. :)
The reason I cant leave church is for the same reasons you listed. It is hard to go from where everybody knows your name, to a place of starting over. Plus, I would REALLY, REALLY miss the great music and the stellar teaching.
--Sara
Just as a random side note, did i ever mention that the street i grew up on was called Boomerang Street?
hehehehe. so australian
Haha ... yes, you did mention that. I kept thinking of you all week, and cringing on your behalf at some of the verrrry stereotyped Aussie stuff. It was great fun, though. My church people are not afraid to be silly and make fools of themselves in front of children. :)
Post a Comment