I was sitting in heavy traffic this morning, inching my way along 1604 towards work, and only half listening to the radio since they had been on commercials. Then I started switching cahnnels, and came onto KLOVE where they had just started that song "How He Loves" from David Crowder Band. The first line says, "He is jealous for me" and I don't know but suddenly I could feel tears in my eyes. Maybe I was tired, but I think more that I was just struck by how beautiful that thought is. That my God is jealous for me. Wow. The rest of the song is really beautiful too, about how much He loves us, and it has really been sticking with me all morning.
Yesterday, I had a great day of work. I was sitting at Avenida, working on something, and the though crossed my mind, "I'm getting paid to do something I enjoy!" I took that moment of revelation to thank God for making me wait for that position to open up. It took five long months of waiting and wondering and questioning and losing patience and hope ... but in the end, He provided, as He always does. And in perfect timing, too.
One thing I've taken away from the Immersion series, of reading the NT in 40 days, is how often Paul reminds his readers to pause and give thanks, no matter what the circumstances. That can be so hard when things are rough, and so easy to forget when things are good. But He wants that relationship, and is jealous for our time and focus. As He has every right to be.
So I am just reflecting on how He loves us. That He is jealous for me. That He is my prize.
"Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes 5:17-18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment