Monday, October 12, 2009

Finishing Well

I know I don't blog regularly anymore, but I'm not sure anyone ever checks this thing either. I know I like to hear the sound of my own voice (not literally obviously, since it's a blog) so I can keep posting my thoughts no matter what. :)

I think foremost on my mind this week is my 5K is Saturday! It's been almost 6 months of training to get to this point. Some people could probably do it a lot faster, but I'm perfectly happy with building this new habit at a slower pace. What I do know is a 5K is 3.1 miles, and I have successfully worked my way to 4 miles. So I am ready to own this 5K on Saturday.

I'm so happy that I'm achieving my goals! 6 months ago I couldn't run for 5 minutes without having to stop, but now I can run for 45. And while it may hurt, I know I can finish. It took about 3 months of non-stop torture to get to this point where I can run, and it hurts, but I can do it. I'm so glad I persevered. And now when I run it's no longer torture, but a good challenge that I know I can overcome!

What's the key, you may be asking? Jesus! No, this isn't Sunday School, but the answer is just the same. I pray before, during, and after my workouts. I literally can only do what Christ strengthens me to do.

It's been a good 6 months of learning to rely on God and trusting He will give me the endurance and self-discipline I need to finish the race.

4 comments:

Abbey said...

You're inspiring.

Sara said...

Wow...go out there and rock it, girlie. Congrats.

Kerrie said...

I am so proud! (tears and sniffles)

Suzanne said...

Thanks, guys! :)