My 5K is on Saturday, in two days. After my hot and tiring run on Tuesday, I can't say I'm super psyched about my run tonight, but I'm still going to do it, and at least I can tell myself, "You did it Tuesday and survived, so just keep going!"
I was reading another blog by someone who runs, and she talks about picturing vampires or other scary things chasing you while you run. It was a funny post, and I have to admit I like to visualize, too, while I run. I don't picture vampires, but I do picture myself running in a race with people cheering me on. I guess it's whatever works for you.
I'm getting my playlist ready for Saturday, and my friends and I have our plan for carpooling. I guess all that's left is mentally preparing. I know for some, a 5K is a small thing but it's a benchmark goal for me, and the first one, so I am excited about it.
My next goal will be a 10K (6 miles) that I plan to do some time in the spring, but I'll definitely need to work up to it. I've said it before, but I'll say it again - It's so fulfilling to have goals and to meet them!
Thank you, Jesus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
10k = 6.2miles. The point two is important. It could add a minimum of two minutes to your run.
Yes, thanks Kerrie. I was rounding. Believe me, I feel that .2!! :)
then you deserve the credit for that point two.
Post a Comment