Well, I set out yesterday to do 2.6 miles around the Woodlawn Lake track, but at 2.3 I was seriously thinking I was going to have a heat stroke. So I stopped. I don't think this means I wasn't believing God. I think 2.6 was my idea, and God was ok with me quitting early so as not to collapse. Sure, I could have just missed a prime opportunity to witness to a paramedic, but I think I'm ok with that.
I'm still excited about tomorrow, and psyched for the race. I will definitely finish the whole thing, and am just praying the weather is nice. The race doesn't even start until 9:30, which seems a bit late to me, but hopefully the sun will not be too hot at that time yet.
I was a little annoyed that literally a minute after I stopped running yesterday, the dark clouds came in and the wind started blowing. I think I could have run in that, but my whole run took place just before the change in weather, and it was super hot and sunny. Oh well.
So, please pray for me tomorrow, that I will rely on Jesus for strength and be able to accomplish my goal. I'll let you know how it goes!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment