Turns out I am a glutton for punishment. I'm signing up for another 5K!
This will be the Feast of the Heart 5K in Brackenridge Park next weekend, on Halloween. It benefits the Raul Jimenez Thanksgiving Dinner, which is a great cause bringing Thanksgiving dinner to those who otherwise would have none.
As you may recall, October 31 was originally my date for my GRE (which is now happening November 21). So I guess in my brain, somehow I have an urge to be in pain on that day, whether it be a big scary test or running 3.1 miles.
This run is the same location as the Zoo run, so at least I sort of am now familiar with it. And I get a t-shirt! My goal is to at least do as well as I did in the last 5K. Now I feel more prepared for it, and I'm excited. At least this one starts at 8:30, so I'll be in the car heading home by 9:15. Actually, I will likely be in the car headed for Panera, but same difference. :)
If you are interested in running, or walking, or run/walking, just google Feast of the Heart 5K and come join me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It turns out you are addicted to running!
It's better to be addicted to a 'good' thing than a bad thing.
Panera=Home?
Panera = Home because, like home, Panera makes me happy and cozy. :)
Post a Comment