Friday, October 30, 2009

Me vs, The Universe

It seemed like the universe was against my workout yesterday. I had a sock mishap (that I would explain but it's embarrassing .. we'll leave it at that), then the road I take to get to Woodlawn was closed for an accident and I had to take this winding meander through some not-so-good side streets, and when I got there, it was so windy I got dirt in my eyes - and for those of you fellow contact wearers, this is a very painful experience.

But I persevered. I told myself I would compromise, and just do two miles, which is less than I would normally do. The wind kicked up even more, and I felt like I was running against some big guy trying to push me backward. Not fun.

However, I finished and couldn't believe how fast it really went by. It was less than 22 minutes, and I can certainly handle 22 minutes of cardio workout. I'm glad I didn't skip, no matter how much I wanted to. And really, the biggest drive for getting me there and keeping me from skipping was knowing I have a 5K on Saturday morning. Otherwise, I might have chosen to go home instead of lacing up my sneakers and giving my body a challenge. (I think it's obvious my biggest driving force was God, but hopefully that goes without saying.)

And of course, I'm always grateful I did it, and refused to give up. It makes me feel good about myself, and reminds me that if I were in control of this whole life, things would never get done. :)

No comments: