Yesterday was a beautiful day. Tuesdays are always my first run for the week, and therefore always the hardest. Thursday is pretty good, and Saturday runs are awesome. Yet each Tuesday, I am excited and determined that this time, it will be fine. Yesterday was no different.
Yet, despite eating the same as I always do, as I drove the short distance to Woodlawn Lake yesterday after work, I started to get these awful hunger pains. I had even just eaten some fruit, which I usually do pre-run to boost my energy. But it didn't matter. I never get hungry like that, because I make sure to eat something before I run.
Well, I set out to do three miles, but stopped at 2.6 (twice around the lake) because my hunger pains were, well, painful. I could even feel them jabbing me as I walked to cool down. And I am positive I'm not confusing other pains, like cramps or something else, for hunger. My tummy was growling. I was hungry.
Even so, I am still glad I persevered, and didn't just go home and eat instead of running (a thought that crossed my mind around mile 1). Even if I don't do as much as I set out to do, the discipline of still going is huge, and very beneficial. And besides, 2.6 miles is still a good workout!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment