Each work day, we have an incredibly servant-hearted, small team that cooks lunch for us. They are made up of many nationalities, and quite often, for cost reasons, we receive rice and a meat and vegetable for our meal. The meat is often a curry chicken or pork, or perhaps sausages, and sometimes we even get treated to potatoes.
Our cook who has been with us a while, departed yesterday to go live with her daughter in America (she is originally from India). So, a short-term team took over our cooking, and this morning as I walked by the kitchen, my stomach rumbled as I smelled the unmistakable scent of FRIED CHICKEN. Now, this may not seem like much of a big deal to those of you in Western countries, but I haven't once even heard mention of homemade fried chicken while living in Asia, and had pretty much forgotten about it (not that I really ate it that much at home either, but still). So, for lunch we had fried chicken, boiled potatoes, and vegetables. It was AMAZING! After months and months of rice and curry, we were devouring the fried chicken and potatoes. I'm so thankful for the little things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay! for fried chicken!
Post a Comment