Wednesday, December 10, 2008

World Without Salvation

Each Wednesday night, our team gathers together to share food, sing songs, and study the Word together. Tonight, we talked about what the world would be like if He hadn't come into it to save us.

We each thought about how different the world would be without His salvation. The OT prophecies would not have been fulfilled, meaning our belief and faith in the Father would now waver dramatically, or even be given up on. There would not be grace, or hope. I would not have the assurance of knowing the Father if the Son was not there to lead the way.

It's a scary thing to take Him out of the world. I remember life before I knew him, and how chaotic and sad I was so much of the time (though I hid it pretty well behind a smile). Now, however, the smile is real, the pain is gone, and I have hope.

Christmas is a time to be reflecting on Him, and in doing so I am filled with thanks for his perfect and ultimate Gift of Himself.

No comments: