I am running in the Zoo relay in 3 weeks from today! It is 2 miles for each leg, which to some of you may seem like just a warm-up, but for me it's still challenging. I can definitely do it, and have done it, but as I keep up with this running I realize more and more I'm not one of those people who can take a week off and still be ready to roll. Again, this is probably a good thing because it just makes me rely on God even more.
I hit the treadmill this morning a little before 6 am, and managed to pound out three miles. I sometimes can't believe it, and I certainly am not the fastest runner, but it's nice to see myself improve and add on more mileage. I have to remain consistent with my workouts over the next three weeks so I can run well on the 11th.
My 5K is in October, so I am going to be setting my sights on that next. I am looking forward to it actually! I remember from my swimming days how much I loved relays and being on a team, so I'm excited about the Zoo run, and I also just love the feel of a race, even though in running I'm not going to win anything. Also, the 5K is the Spurs 5K so I get a free Spurs' game ticket! Hurray!
I keep praying during my runs for the strength, motivation, energy and self-discipline to finish. I know I couldn't do it if I didn't have God to rely on for help. It gives me a chance to pray, to give up yet another thing to God to lead me in, and reminds me that I am only strong when God is with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Before 6 am! What time do you go to bed? I wish I could get up that early. I'd get a lot more done.
I got up at 5:30. I could do that because it's Friday and I know I have the whole weekend ahead! :)
It's better than winning!!! Winning is just the cherry on top because, evidently, you are getting so much more than a trophy. I am SOOO PROUD of you!
Post a Comment