Wednesday, August 26, 2009

On the Brink ...

I had a really good heart-to-heart with the guys I work with on Monday about how I'm not making nearly enough to live on, even with having free rent at my parents' house. It felt so good to share with them what God is leading me through, just to have them join me in prayer and for my own relief to have things off my chest and into the open so we could talk about it. I'm really happy with the outcome. I've been praying a lot about why the funds aren't coming in, trying to be open to the fact that things often look much different in God's plan than in my interpretation of His plan.

Right before I explained my thoughts to them, they let me know that the ministry will now provide me with a certain amount of funds, in addition to what I raise each month, to apply towards my salary. This was a huge relief. We also talked really honestly about expectations and what new responsibilities they can give me. I think it also helped them to hear from me in my own words where I'm at in my thinking and praying so they can better help me in whatever ways they can. I'm still not certain what God has in mind for me with this ministry ... I may need a second source of income, or possibly will need to do BLE as a voluntary position and instead find myself a full-time, salaried position elsewhere ... I am not sure right now.

What I do know is I can just sense I am on the brink of something. I knew from the beginning of August this was going to be a month of change, so I am confident something will happen. I'm doing my networking thing this week, connecting with people in the non-profit and development world and having my eyes opened a bit more to what is out there. It's a new season, but I am ready to take it on.

Now, if I could just get over the fact that everyone thinks I'm still in college ... apparently I look much younger than I am (and this remark is inevitably followed by, "You'll appreciate looking so young when you're older!" I try not to feel patronized ... )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What? You are not in college? Ha!