Monday, April 14, 2008

Almost done!

The continuing saga of my renovations ...

We started around 11 am today with sanding down the plastered parts of the wall, putting the sealer on, and then finally painting. I was really blessed because 3 guys showed up to help me (that's 2 more than I was expecting). It was so much hard work, but we finished around 7 pm (no lunch breaks or anything all day!) and ... it looks great! It's pretty simple ... there are 3 white walls and 1 blue wall, the small hall is white, and the base boards will be blue and the rest of the trim will be blue as well. It just took sooooo long! The guys were such willing helpers, though, and I treated them to dinner afterwards (not too expensive, but it's the thought that counts!). It's really starting to be livable now, and again, I felt really blessed to have such great help today! I couldn't have done it without them!

More to come when all is finished, and when I've cleaned up!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Reading your stuff is so exciting to me. I never knew that you don't sit on the toilet seats in Hong Kong. I too have been redoing John Michael's room and it seems like it's taking forever, but we're almost done too. I too have gotten out of the boat and I will have to email all the details about that, they are so many. Anyway, you are such and inspiration to me. Love always, Always love, Marina Wallace

Anonymous said...

Crazy to think 1 month has passed already! Wow. You're thought of often here.

Anonymous said...

What happened to the Red?

Anonymous said...

There's a certain something about "making something your own" when it's really not. What a blessing to be able to make those accomodations. God wants you as comfortable as can be! :o)
Dolores-