Thursday, April 10, 2008

Right On Track

This week has been just plain nuts. I literally feel like from day one I hit the ground running and haven't stopped. I've been writing, taking photos, creating media documents, attending seminars and meetings, answering questions, printing things, proofreading newsletters and flyers ... just so much, non-stop.

And this is in no way a complaint.

I was thinking about it last night, and was thanking Him for the perfect fit of being here. Even if someone had asked me to spell out exactly the job I wanted most, it still would not have been as perfect a match as this one is for me. It's just amazing how well the MD plans and makes things happen. Up until the day before I left to come here, I would have little doubtful thoughts come into my head, and would think, "You don't have to go. Until you're on the plane, you can get out of it." Of course, with all the many preparations and other things I did to come here, I couldn't just back out. He kept reminding me of His Promise to be faithful, to care for me, and to provide as He leads. It's like He was just standing there saying, "Wait. It will come." And it has, in a mighty way.

Things aren't perfect. I keep getting lost, I'm so obviously a foreigner, the food is very different, friends and people are different, and just so many other things. But I know without a doubt this is where He has me. It's a very unique and powerful feeling to know you are absolutely where He has called you.

No comments: