I got several e-mails yesterday and today asking if I'd been affected by yesterday's earthquake in central China. The news said the 7.9 quake could be felt in Hong Kong, but I didn't even know it had happened until afterwards when I saw the news online. Needless to say, the disaster is incredibly big news here, with many in Hong Kong having family and friends in mainland China who were affected. This, on the heels of the devastation in Myanmar recently, I know has brought this part of the world even more to the forefront of people's thoughts.
At Crossroads, we have a commitment to helping and aiding those in need. We have an online system set up so those who want to contribute financially or otherwise, particularly to these disaster victims, can do so. Obviously with the difficulties in getting relief into Myanmar at the moment, our efforts have been put on hold, but along with many others in the international community we continue to seek the MD's opening of the borders so our contributions can reach those who are dying and facing dire needs. Please continue to lift these needs up.
Thousands of children were buried during school yesterday, victims of poorly constructed buildings coupled with a massive earthquake ... please continue to lift up the need for aid, for workers to continue searching the rubble for victims, and for the rest of the world to remember that Asia needs a Father in these times of struggle.
Thank you to all who asked after me and please continue to lift up these needs.

No comments:
Post a Comment