Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Music for Life

I just have a moment free, and wanted to use it to extoll on the virtues of music, and how for me personally it is such a powerful thing that connects me with other believers, and most importantly, to the Father. Our team gathered this morning, as per usual, and as we praised Him through song, I started to realize that each song went perfectly with what I have been reading lately. I was able to add another level to the teaching I've been receiving by singing songs that emphasize this teaching. We ended our time of song with one of my very favorites, which is "In Chrt Alone." The lyrics so profoundly strike my heart each time I sing this song, and I absolutely love singing it with a group, because we sing so strongly, and the feelings are so deep, that we drown out the piano and the leader. I close my eyes, and let the beautiful sound of believers singing to our Father fall over me, and I sing my heart out as we praise Him for His sacrifice, His victory over death, and our time to come when we return home to Him. I just love it.

1 comment:

John Walters said...

Sorry I missed your birthday. I was out on vacation. We took a cruise to Turkey, Egypt and Greece. It was really nice. It is good to see that you are doing so well. Things are really speeding up around here. Yolanda and Sharlla are whipping everyone intp shape. I think I have twice as much to do with them around now. The attendance continues to grow at Grace Point. More people to grow and disciple. We are praying for you.
Happy belated birthday.
John