Kristi mailed me a book for my birthday. It looked interesting, and I began to read. And I have now decided it is the greatest book (besides the obvious Book that is really the greatest).
Three words:
Kermit. The. Frog.
While that should pretty much sum up why this book is awesome, I will give you the benefit of a few more details. The book is called "Before You Leap: A Frog's Eye View of Life's Greatest Lessons," by Kermit the Frog.
I thought it might be cute, and it is, but it's so much better than I initially thought it would be. It is Kermit's life story, from his humble beginnings in the swamp, then his dream of show biz, and his subsequent rise to fame. He describes his first big break, his time on Sesame Street, and how he and the Muppets formed and eventually became the superstars they are today. It's great!! Maybe it's just because Kermit, and the whole Muppet gang, was my entertainment during some formative years, and I associate him with very happy, childhood memories, so knowing the book is by him makes me pay attention more. Does that make sense? It's like hearing a story from someone you really respect. It just makes you more attentive and more likely to really let it sink in.
Kermit then goes on to talk about following your dreams. He has some very wise advic
e that includes, "Kermit's Seven Step Dream Identification System" ("You must look deep inside your heart and ask what you really want. If your immediate answer is, 'dessert,' you probably missed your heart and went directly to your stomach.") and "The Muppets' Money Manual" ("I needed a safe and convenient place to put cash. This is one of the disadvantages of not having pockets ... or pants.").
e that includes, "Kermit's Seven Step Dream Identification System" ("You must look deep inside your heart and ask what you really want. If your immediate answer is, 'dessert,' you probably missed your heart and went directly to your stomach.") and "The Muppets' Money Manual" ("I needed a safe and convenient place to put cash. This is one of the disadvantages of not having pockets ... or pants.").I also LOVE the photos in the book.
In all seriousness, though, I have found the book to be a huge blessing (thank you, Kristi!!!). It really hits a deep, soft spot in me (hello, it's Kermit!), all the Muppet references bring about such warm feelings, and the truths are ... well, truths. Regardless of a Muppet speaking them, it is well written, funny, heartwarming, and just a great read.

"I always try to be encouraging. No matter who comes to me with their talent or dream, I try to find something positive to say. Sometimes this can be tough, but it's always worth the effort. "
-Kermit T. Frog

2 comments:
That makes me so happy! You don't even know. People are walking by my desk and seeing me laugh at my computer screen...I know they think I'm crazy. I am so glad you enjoyed the book.
happy birthday. imagine how different the wisdom from that book would be if you weren't growing in wisdom exponentially just by living where you are. thank kristi. then thank yourself. you are doing an amazing work and the rewards are so much deeper than we'll ever know.
we remember you.
Post a Comment