Thursday, January 15, 2009

Arrr Matey!

I made an incredible discovery tonight.

I went out to walk with my friend, Christy, and she showed me .... wait for it....

A pirate-themed playground!

I was pretty impressed. It's a public playground, and they go all out with the pirate theme. It's called the Mouse Island Playground. Different climbing things are shaped like ships, and there's a lookout, and big barrels on the ground and huge, billowing sails out the top. It was great! And of course, since it's Hong Kong, it was immaculately clean and in beautiful shape. I resisted climbing all over it immediately, but certainly made a mental note about this place. It reminded me a lot of the equally awesome wooden playground in Hemisfair Park in downtown San Antonio.

What can I say? I love a good playground.

5 comments:

Space Coyote said...

Yes! I miss playing fort with everyone on the big wooden playground downtown. I walk by it all the time and reminisce. I just love the idea of a bunch of twenty-somethings just completely taking over a playground and acted like a bunch of kids. Memories!

mazewu said...

Where is it, suzalafuzala? (hmmm. think i need to work on my spelling)

Suzanne said...

If you head down Castle Peak Road toward Tuen Mun, past the dim sum place, and get to where the road forks to the right and left (the K51 takes the right on toward Tuen Mun) ... go left just about a block, and there it is! I can't believe we've been missing out on pirate playground time! :)

Anonymous said...

How fun. We need a picture. I know your camera was stolen, but maybe you can borrow one.

Anonymous said...

I want to see pictures! You could pretend you're captain jack. :-)