Thanks to the wonder that is the Internet, I was able to be Skyped in to my small group back in San Antonio this morning (which was Sunday evening their time). I tried not to focus too much on being the floating head on the table in the midst of the circle, and once I got over any initial weirdness I felt about it, it was really quite fun. I actually felt like I was there! So I got in some good study and discussion time with my regular group, which was refreshing for me, and also made me feel like old times, which I also found quite helpful. So our group has officially gone global! Ha! (Thanks for Skyping me in, Charlie!)We shared about our personal Gifts we had each been given, and which ones we use the most, and which ones we know we have but don't use regularly. Fortunately, I didn't go first so I had a few minutes to think on this. And as I had a think, I realized I was having a hard time coming up with a Gift that I had but didn't use. I certainly could not have said that a year ago. This year in Hong Kong, I've discovered new gifts (teaching, faith) and honed already existent gifts (administration, mercy, encouragement). I am definitely a lot more confident in myself and my abilities to adapt to situations, people, cultures, and places, and just to trust in the Father to provide for my needs (finances, friendships, patience). It's been a big year! (oh, and to answer the question: the gift I have that I use the most I think is administration, the heavy use of which I wasn't expecting but am happy to do... and the gift I have but don't employ very well is Leadership - I tend to bow to those who have been around longer, even if I have my own ideas, and especially because others' ideas aren't bad, but I should still take on that leadership of offering my own thoughts and attempting to change what needs modification.)
On a side note, can I just say here how much I love the Internet? I have a Skype chat with Maz going, an episode of Seinfeld streaming from SurfTheChannel.com, and writing on my blog. Gotta love the age of technology!

1 comment:
Yeah, it was pretty cool having a floating head in the middle of our life group. I enjoyed it, but I think Abbey was a little freaked out by it. Either way, we hope you can join us again!
Post a Comment