Did you think I forgot about my blog while I was in the States? Sorry it's been a while, but I didn't have regular internet access and the days were packed full of visiting with people and taking in the sites of San Antonio. Ahhh... it's been good.
Of course, the not-so-good part was having my friend's car broken into and my purse stolen. In retrospect, it wasn't smart to leave my purse there, but I tucked it under the seat and was gone no more than 10 minutes. Of course, if someone was watching me they knew where my bag was and it was an easy hit. Unfortunately, my ipod with all my music (which was NOT saved on my computer) and my digital camera I got last Christmas from my parents, as well as my driver's license and my debit card, are all history. I canceled my card right away before anyone used it, and my bank has already Fed-Exed the new card to me, so it was minimally inconvenient. But I was cursing the thiefs as I spent my last morning in Texas standing in line at DPS for my new driver's license (you can't get a replacement online). And of course, I use my ipod for so many things ... on the many, many lenghty bus rides around Hong Kong, for the 15 hour flights between China and the U.S., when I go for walks and quiet times, when I clean my apartment, when I just need to zone out, and for many other moments when I need a song or a sermon. And the camera helped me capture this whole year in photos and videos, and I LOVE taking pictures, so I will feel that loss as well. Oh well.
Other than that, it has been so fun to see my friends and family again, cuddle with my dog, eat barbecue and breakfast tacos, drink Dr. Pepper, go to Grace Point, and just catch up with life in Texas. Abbey threw me a great get-together time where I was able to share pictures and stories with my supporters, and I really loved connecting with people there.
But I am ready to be back in Hong Kong (not so much ready for the trek, but ready to be back in the city). I miss my apartment and my bedroom, and the people I have been sharing life with this year. I think I even miss the crowded, busy streets and the people everywhere.
I have loved being home, but am ready to get back into the routine and the adventures of life in Hong Kong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment