Ok, I've decided to blog about something that is anything but deep and meaningful, but things have been pretty regular lately with no great epiphanies so instead of cobbling something together that is soul searching and deep, I've decided to just be real and blog about what's on my mind at this moment.And that would be Grey's Anatomy. :)
I have seasons 1-3 on VCD, meaning it comes with fun Chinese subtitles and doesn't run as perfectly as a DVD, but hey, when you work for no money and the VCDs were free, you don't complain. And, when I need some entertainment after along day, or it's too cold outside to go out, I have a small collection of TV on DVD and VCD to stick in my laptop to amuse myself with.
I was watching a few episodes from Season 1 today as I was tidying up, drying my hair, making my lunch, and so forth (I like the background noise). Season 1 is definitely my favorite because it's before all the trying-to-be-meaningful-but-instead-just-feeling-contrived stuff gets annoying, everyone has not slept with everyone else yet so I still have a modicum of respect for them, and it's before the my-husband-has-a-bomb-in-him-that-will-blow-up-this-whole-hospital drama from the second season, and definitely before the ferry accident where Izzie practically does brain surgery on a guy with a power drill because he's stuck under a car and they can't move him. Sure, some of the story lines in season one are a little over the top, but at least have some semblance of believability. No one has cut their heart-patient's elvad wires yet (Izzie) or tried to kill herself (Meredith). George hasn't married Cali yet (though I do like Cali, and hate that all the other girls hate her), and Christina and Burke haven't gotten engaged yet. Addison hasn't shown up (though I do like her too) and so the "Should I stay with Derek?" one episode and the subsequent "Should I leave Derek?" in the next episode yo-yo Meredith goes on for most of season 2 hasn't happened (which is sooo annoying, but not as annoying as the decision making process over the vet and McDreamy, where I wanted to yell at Meredith to shut up already). Season 1 is just normal, and funny, and even a little heartwarming at times. People haven't gone crazy emotional yet, the storylines haven't delved into total fantasy, miracle situations, and the show isn't so focused on sexual exploits of these people but instead on things of a slightly higher moral fiber.
So, those are my musings on Grey's Anatomy. I'm not even a little tempted to watch the seasons that come after, because I can only imagine it continues on the Meredith/Derek back and forth, which isn't anything new. George and Cali probably get divorced, which is sad. Then probably some more romantic stuff between George and Izzie, Christina moves on after Burke leaves... I think I get the gist without actually watching it. And let me just say, I really am a fan of the first three seasons (well, mostly just the first two, but still), but my ability to believe what's happening was put to the limit by the end of season three, so I think I can handle not watching beyond that.
On the other hand, I have become addicted to Monk and House thanks to surfthechannel.com. Excellent shows!!
**I hope it doesn't sound like all I do is watch TV! I really don't, it was just on my mind today. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment