As I've been thinking through leaving here soon, I am torn a little because while I am positive going home is the next step on my path, this place has become my home this past year and there are definitely some people and things I am going to miss.
Tonight, at church, we sang the song "The Potter's Hand" and I was really moved by the familiar lyrics: "I'm captured by Your holy calling\Set me apart, I know you're drawing me to yourself ... Take me, Mould me, use me, fill me\I give my life to the Potter's hand\Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me\I give my life to the Potter's hand."
I really want this to be my prayer. I know that each experience and path He leads me down is to mould me and use me to His glory, and really, that should be my only goal. Not "I need to make X amount to pay rent" or "have X to be satisfied." I really want to me used, guided, led, and filled for Him and not myself.
I realize more and more that even if right now this place isn't His long-term plan for me, that just the faith it took to pick up and come here, to experience this past year, and now to pick up and leave again ... all these things are part of His moulding me. And this moulding is a life-long process through which He will continually remind me of His greatness and also use me to show Him to others.
I want the Potter do His work in me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It is encouraging to see someone sold out for Jesus and be obedient to His pleasure in your life. I can tell you where you are headed next. IF God works in your life like He has in mine, then the place you are headed is the last place in the world you will choose. But, you will be obedient and God will bless.
One time Cora and I said we would move anywhere in the world, but not Oklahoma City or Seattle. I was hired by DOD and moved to OKC only to be promptly transferred to Seattle. God is quite humorous...
I have been thinking a lot about this too. I have been fasting from The Simpsons in an attempt to figure out if I should do a mission trip this year, and if I should be searching for a new job. I am a little scared about how he'll want to use me, but that is the price of following Him.
Post a Comment