God has given me the amazing privilege of walking a new Christian through learning about her new life in Christ. Talking with her has reminded me how confusing those first days are, and how important it is for the rest of us to be sensitive to that. Her questions challenge me to really know what God's Word says and to see what Scripture looks like to someone who has never read it before.
It's an exciting time, and I love this new challenge and new friendship. Tonight we are digging in to the first five chapters of the Gospel of Mark. There is SO MUCH to learn just in those chapters! Who is John the Baptist? How did Jesus choose His first disciples, and what is significant about those twelve men? Why does Jesus speak in parables, and what is He teaching us through them? And so much more.
She is so excited about her new life, and that burst of energy has given me a new excitement too, which has been refreshing. I wouldn't have said I was stagnant, but with the new injection of energy, it is a tangible difference. I've been looking up commentaries, and even though I've been a believer for several years now, I'm still learning a lot of new things, and I'm still in chapter 1!
Amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment