Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Spursday

From the Spurs 5K, I was able to get a free ticket to a game, and a second ticket for a super low price. I took advantage of the deal, and took my dad to the game last night. He's a big fan, and had never been to the AT&T Center.

It's so interesting to people watch at an event like that. For example, there were people screaming obscenities at the opposing players and refs. It was more funny than anything else, because I just couldn't believe how angry these people got. And we were way up in the top, so it's not like anyone could hear these people screaming their colorful opinions. It sort of reminds me of when you'll yell at other drivers from within your car, but if you were each not in your car and were somewhere else, you would not be yelling at them but would handle it a different way. Know what I mean? I'm sure if the refs and players were closer, and there was an actual chance they might beat you up, these people would shut it fast.

I also live in fear that the roving camera will land on me and I'll have to wave on the big screen. Thank goodness that never happened. Some people really warm to it, and love being on the big TV. I really, really don't want to see myself up there.

It's also funny how the crowd sort of forgets these players are real people, and not just figures on a video game or on TV. The noise of "booing" at the other team, for one thing, is just interesting to me. Or when they introduce the other team, and everyone boos some more. Just funny how people can get.

Overall, it was a fun (though late) night. My dad had a great time, and already wants to go again, so this may become a thing for us. That's good, because we need an activity that we can do as father and daughter, since we never do that. I guess God can use a Spurs game as easily as anything else. :)

No comments: