Friday, December 4, 2009

Awakening

I just finished a Bible Study last week on the book of Mark that I've been doing with a new believer. We started Acts this week, and I have to say I am learning so much during these studies! Reading these books with someone who is reading the stories for the first time is a great reminder to me of how amazing each story is! She has so many questions, and they challenge me to be prepared, and to really understand what I am talking about. Reading the finale to Mark and explaining why the torn curtain is significant, for example, has just refreshed the significance of these many incredible things for me.

We decided to move on to Acts next because she keeps hearing about this guy named Paul but doesn't know who he is or why he's so important. Paul doesn't even show up in Acts until chapter 8 or 9, and so far we've only gotten to chapter 4. I am trying not to get ahead of myself and tell her all about Paul and forgo what we're currently reading at the beginning of Acts, but it's hard because I get excited. And she just drinks it all in, she's so interested and excited to learn! I can't believe what a blessing it is to have this refreshment in my life right now. To be around a new believer who just wants to know everything and take it all in is really something special. I am so glad God is letting me be a part of this experience!

1 comment:

archie said...

I am excited for you both.