In case anyone wonders, I haven't had any more physical spiritual attacks like I did over the weekend. But that experience has really caused me to be more intentional about guarding myself against evil. I think it's easy to remember the good - Jesus died for us, God loves us, through Him we are made pure. Maybe 'easy' isn't the right word, since I don't think that best describes the Christian life. But overall, I know I for one hardly ever want to think about the devil or give him any space in my brain.
But the reality is, evil exists. And not just because of our sin, but because there is an evil ruler of this world. And Jesus, of course, is victorious over ALL of those things. I think it's good to recognize that there is evil out there, so we can be ready for it when it attacks.
Last night I did have a nightmare about demons attacking me, and while I definitely know it was only a dream this time, I still think God used it to teach me something. After all, He could have chosen not to allow that dream to happen. In the dream, I was in my room, asleep, and was attacked like I was over the weekend. But I got out of bed and started rebuking the demons, and they went away. Yes, it was a bit frightening, but also, I KNOW that God gives us the power to call out evil and to banish it.
God's power is so big and so crazy and so awesome and powerful and cool, but we forget that we can weild it when necessary. I have been reading Psalm 91 before going to bed these past few nights, and also Revelation 19:11-16. Both of these passages remind me of how mighty our God is. In the end, we win!
I also think it's awesome that God is taking this demon attack and turning it into a way to show how much greater He is by putting me deeper in His Word. If darkness attacking was aiming to scare or deter me from God, then I think it's awesome that instead I can turn it around and make it yet another way to give glory to God and search His Word deeper. Take that, evil!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment