If you have never watched the show The West Wing, then your life is sadly unfulfilled. It is an awesome show. It's about the senior staff and the president, working in .. you guessed it, the West Wing of the White House.
It really doesn't get to me too much, it's just periodically I have a mild panic attack when I realize what I do affects others. It's a good thing to effect change, but it's also a responsibility not to take lightly. But overall, I am blessed, and I know that.
One thing I have been thinking about lately is something one of the characters said. CJ, who is the press secretary (I could never ever do her job), one time looked at the other senior staff (president, chief of staff, etc) and said something to the effect of, "Do you ever think to yourself, if we're the ones running this country, we're in trouble?"
I thought that was so funny, and also so, so true. Granted, my job isn't impac
ting the lives of the entire American people, and the entire world, like theirs do. But sometimes I do get overwhelmed if I really let myself dwell on some of the big meetings I attend, or how my input into a project winds up affecting others, or just generally how I'm no longer operating over a net, so to speak. This is the real world, with real consequences, and I need to keep focused and my head on straight. I guess this realization is just part of 'growing up.' And at 27, I am apparently supposed to be a grown up.
ting the lives of the entire American people, and the entire world, like theirs do. But sometimes I do get overwhelmed if I really let myself dwell on some of the big meetings I attend, or how my input into a project winds up affecting others, or just generally how I'm no longer operating over a net, so to speak. This is the real world, with real consequences, and I need to keep focused and my head on straight. I guess this realization is just part of 'growing up.' And at 27, I am apparently supposed to be a grown up. It really doesn't get to me too much, it's just periodically I have a mild panic attack when I realize what I do affects others. It's a good thing to effect change, but it's also a responsibility not to take lightly. But overall, I am blessed, and I know that.

No comments:
Post a Comment