Last night I had my third encounter with a very real spiritual attack. Yes, we all get spiritually attacked, but how often are we physically attacked by the spiritual?
Some of you may remember my experience in January which was terrifying. I hesitate to share these stories, because I don't want people to think I'm crazy, but there are very real spiritual enemies out there.
I had a restless night last night. And around 5 am, I was startled awake with the feel that I couldn't move or speak and felt a very real sense that something was preventing me from moving. I wanted so badly to pray, but I couldn't say anything out loud. Finally I got the words out, and prayed out loud. But I had an overwhelming urge of sleepiness that I couldn't shake. I shifted to my back, and as soon as I started to give in to the sleepiness, I felt a pressure, like someone sat on my chest. My eyes were open, so I know I was awake. I couldn't move or speak. But in my head, I was in control, and began to pray and will myself to pray out loud. Soon I could speak and as soon as I started praying, it went away. I kept praying, and then my alarm went off (I get up early on Saturdays to run). I needed to get out for a bit, so I gladly got up and went for my workout.
I know it's easy to say, "You were just having a nightmare" or "you just have an active imagination." But for those who have had similar things happen (and I know many of you have) then you understand. Something within you just knows it is more than an imagined thing. And even if they are nightmares, they are definitely not of God.
I'll keep praying, and knowing that Jesus is more powerful than anything of this world. Even though I hate these experiences, they are good reminders of God's sovereign power and that He gives us the ability to wield that power against evil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Suzanne,
I know very much what you mean when you describe this. I really thought that I was the only one who had strange attacks like this..only mine is more like being half in and half out of sleep but hearing a CLEAR voice talking to me, not a lot of talking, but clear words. The bedroom is always dark, I can see but noone is there. I clearly hear a male voice.
I can't respond, I try to but can't. I usually will begin praying in my head and the whole scenario stops.
It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. I have believed for a long time it is a satanic attack.
I have never told anyone before today..
I will be praying for you.
Love,
Sara
Thanks for sharing, Sara. I believe you. And you are not the only one! I know quite a few people who have had the same thing happen to them. But in Christ we are victorious, so just keep reminding them who your Father is!
Post a Comment