Thursday, March 20, 2008

I finally have some photos

Here is my happy little workspace, from where I change the world each day. Well, I try to anyway.
You can see the "Welcome Suzanne" sign on my little wall, that Zoe (one of the kids) made for me. It has a verse about being on the mountaintop, so she and Kara put mountain photos all around it to remind me of the MD's presence and love and how neither can be shaken or moved, like the mountains. (Zoe also made a smiley face out of push pins for me, which you can see in the picture.)

You will also notice that my profile picture has changed. Sam, a Londoner here for the past
2 months, is a photographer and has taken so many amazing photos to document the work being done at CRV. These in turn will be used in promotional pieces we can put out to garner further funding and raise awareness among the community about our mission and the people we serve.
Anyway, I needed an ID card made, so he took photos of me, and this was my favorite. Hope you like!

This last photo is of this very random sculpture thing outside my window. I look at it every day as I work. It makes me laugh. I always think to myself, "Jacqui should have this in her office," though it may not quite suit her pretty beach scene. :)

I'm going to do a separate post next on my experiences yesterday, so please read that as well.

3 comments:

archie said...

I love the whimsical garden art! I have a bird like this on my front porch. I bought it in Pipe Creek, bu t it came from China!

archie said...

Cora sAID THAT!
Q

Anonymous said...

I do like that little sculpture! I could make it work. :-)