Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Training Day

Each morning, we begin with a time of singing and chatting together for an hour. It's considered a tithe of our work day. This morning was my first morning back to the work week after the weekend, and I was overwhelmed by the huge, warm welcome I received from the team. I really felt loved and appreciated. And it was all genuine, sincere happiness to see me back. It just felt good.

I spent almost all of today meeting with Kate, our Comms Director, whom I will be assisting. While that may sound like a slow, tedious day to some, I had a great time learning from her, and digging into the job ahead. I will primarily be assisting her with her tasks. She does a lot, and needs some of the burden lifted. I'll be taking on some project and event management as well as playing an administrative role and doing some writing that is needed. I couldn't have asked for a job more suited to my strengths and interests. And what's more is the team I will be working with is small and close-knit, and I know each of them from when I was here last. This is a huge praise for me! I still get a little nervous about the open-ended length of my term here, but I am confident this is where I'm supposed to be right now. It's an exciting journey!

I am really enjoying re-connecting with old friends and finding my place in it all. I look forward to being more settled and comfortable, but know that this transition time will be a good learning experience for me.

The MD is showing up in big ways, and I am so grateful for His faithfulness and perfect timing and plans. It's still a big adjustment being here, but I am remaining confident that He will continue to provide and bless the work being done here.

2 comments:

archie said...

Suzanne,
I've been reading your blog postings. I am very interested to watch and see how God works in your life. I am especially interested in 'God Spots'. Those times when you see God's hand directly involved in your life.

It is such a big step of faith for you to go 'Open Ended' on this trek of faith. I'm told faith activates grace. If so, hang on because God is preparing to heap His unmerited favor on you.

I will continue to 'lurk' your blog and watch for God Spots. I wore your hat yesterday. It is too small, but I prayed for you anyway.

Loving chocolate in Texas

Anonymous said...

So, Archie hands me the computer to read your blog and the computer completely shuts down. WOW.. is that me or what? I told him you knew what effect I had on the computer! We are so proud of you in your effort. God is good all the time, all the time, God is good!
In Him, Cora