So I've said all my good-byes this week ... and it's been hard. There are so many people I will miss. When I left last time, I knew I would be back soon. I'd be back in my apartment, back in my job, back with my same co-workers, back in my car ... back. Now, I don't know when I'll be home. I have no job, no co-workers, no apartment, no home to return to, and that's a little frightening.
It's a little scary, and any time those fearful, doubtful thoughts start to creep in, I have to shove them out. The MD has overwhelmingly confirmed that this is what He wants from me, and He has provided abundantly, so I'm just trying to remember that. He'll provide a job and other things when I come back, and in the mean time He wants me to trust and follow as He leads. I don't know how to explain how scary that uncertainty is, but it's hard and remaining faithful, and not doubting, is a challenge.
The flight tomorrow seems like a mountain I have to cross before reaching HK, because I really don't like overseas, looooong flights. So it's a little hard for me to think past that obstacle, but at least it will give me lots of time to prepare for what lays ahead. Please chat for safe travel, that I won't have too much anxiety, that I will overcome the loneliness of being so far away with no close friends, and that I will adjust to all the newness quickly.
I'll post again when I get there. And I'll try to send pictures when I can. Thanks for all the support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment