Sunday, September 14, 2008

Books!

Today I became card carrying member of the Hong Kong Public Libraries. There are over 40 libraries here, so I have lots of options. Much like the library at home, I can renew and reserve books online, and within the library they have self-checkout, which is wonderful.
I went to the main, central library today in Causeway Bay. It's HUGE! Escalators and glass elevators shooting to the different levels ... I was so happy to see so many books. And of course, all for free, which is a must on my non-existent budget.
It's just one more detail that makes me feel a little more at home here.

4 comments:

Kyle Burkholder said...

maybe they have books about roaches. :)

we remember you.

Charlie said...

libraries are awesome! so many books... for free!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can find something on the harmful effects from inhaling too much Raid spray!

Anonymous said...

What are you going to read? I forget if you like fiction or not.

You haven't been missing any movies lately--there's not a lot of good stuff out.