Monday, September 8, 2008

My Day in Central

Two long-time members of our team here were married yesterday in a beautiful wedding at their church in Central. It was especially fun because, since our whole team knows them, we were all in attendance. It's great to see all these people, whom I have only ever known in their everyday clothes, get all dressed up for a big occasion.

Debbie and Craig (the couple getting married) hired a bus to transport us all across town so we wouldn't be burdened with the public transportation. Road trip!

The wedding itself was beautiful, and the reception following was a brief afternoon tea - very casual.

After the wedding was over, five of us did the Hong Kong thing and smooshed into a taxi to head to IFC (a very central point in the area). Once there, we tumbled out of the cab and made our way into the tower in search of food. Unfortunately, being the area it is, prices can be a bit steep but we eventually found a spot that satisfied our hungers and wallets. Central is a big, busy, and often crazy place to be, which I actually quite like. We pushed through crowds to get places, and finally joined the massive line of people to get on the bus home. Because of the crowds, we were left in standing room only, in our heels, for the 45 minute ride home, which wasn't terribly comfortable. Oddly enough, though, I ran into someone I know on the bus, a lady with a charity here whom I had met with last month to talk about our donations to her organisation. Small world!
Well, that was my adventure for the weekend. My next one will be on Sunday when I go to get a library card. There are lots of libraries here, but the central library has six floors and so many books! I'm excited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A library card! Now that's a good way to get unlimited books. In all my thoughts about how to ship the books you bought, it never occured to me that they have libraries in Hong Kong.