I have been working through this leaving process, and actually had a really nice, though short, conversation with my friend Christy today. I was talking to her about something else, and then it occurred to me, “Hey! She knows what it’s like to leave this place!” Christy was here for four years, then moved away to Australia to get married and then live there with her husband for three years. She and her husband have now come back and been here about a year and a half.
It was so nice to hear from her, who knew what I was feeling like. She shared with me how she had felt when she was leaving, and it was just how I now am feeling. I think I just have really wanted someone to indentify with me, to tell their experiences and how the Father worked in them through that.
And that’s what I got from Christy. She gave me some suggestions of what to focus on, of things that she found helpful in transitioning, in how the Father took care of her. Most of all, she told me that yes, it will be hard. Yes, you will miss HK. Yes, it will be sad and heartbreaking. But it’s ok. You just have to remember the One who is leading you, and remind yourself that this is the right step to take.
So, again the Father answers me. I had begged Him to bring me confirmation and peace like I had when I first made this decision. I asked Him to use those around me to speak truth and encouragement to me. And He has done that. So though my heart is heavy and it will be a bit painful to say goodbye, He is leading me through it and helping me make this big change back to the States. I’m still sad and feel the anxiety of leaving and delving into the unknown once again, but it really has been a time of clinging to Truth, and that’s always a good thing.

2 comments:
Praying for you, Suzanne!
I can't even imagine i get sad when i leave a trip like yours after only being there for a week or two!
Post a Comment