Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Change of Seasons

My bags are packed. My apartment is cleaned. I am ready to leave.

These past two weeks particularly have been a journey where He has brought me from fearful, heartbroken and doubting to a place where I am confident in Him and have a peace only He can bring. On Easter Sunday I broke down and just let Him know every little fear and doubt I was having, and asked Him to re-confirm this move and change my attitude about leaving.

This morning, I got up and let the team know what I am moving into next, and how they can be thinking of me. If I had had to do this even a day earlier, I wouldn't have been ready. But this morning, I was confident and joyful, though still sad, and was able to say everything I wanted to about my journey ahead and what this past year has meant to me, and how far He has brought me.

So, this season is ending but I look forward to the one that is beginning. I hope and ask that I will continue to live on this edge I feel here, that I won't slip back into how incredibly easy life in the States is comparatively, or take for granted the millions of blessings there are in that place. I want to continue to be molded, to take on challenges, to live outside my comfortable box, to look for experiences that are not sterile but that are gritty and life-changing, and most of all I want to keep Him at the centre, and let Him lead the way.

I have also decided I want to keep doing my blog, for anyone who may still want to hear my thoughts and know my heart. Though I will not physically be in Hong Kong, and the title is Suzanne in Hong Kong, my heart is still in China. I want to continue this life on the edge, and hope this blog will reflect that. So, please keep reading if you like and THANK YOU to all who have been a part of this work with me over these last 13 months.

Here are some photos from my going away party last night.

No comments: